Dodgy RPG life-ness at its best!

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Perusal

Well, after perusing and looking at my friend's blogs after being bored witless, I encountered this little snippet from Dwayne's blog today on the tagboard:

1337ness: its w00t not whoot get it right

Firstly, speaking "leet" as it is called was quite fashionable in the days when the term network was being conceived and this to me is a feeble attempt to set oneself apart from other net users. But sadly my friend, every other "net geek" has done it before you were even born. Today it is not spoken anymore because of this nifty little document floating in different places on the internet called netiquette and because as I said, speaking leet makes you look like a complete idiot. Before you go, you might as well want to check these out too:

Make yourself look good online
Remember the human

Have fun!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lady Yuki Shizuka said...

Oh wow... Look at him go, folks! What an effort!

PS: I don't just get my inspiration from anime you know, I get it from various sources and by the way, Hellsing is a philosophical anime, I doubt Full Metal Alchemist falls into the category. I happen to like dark, philosophical anime that begs to be interpreted by the viewer(s) not anime that contain enormous amounts of mindless violence.

8:11 PM

 
Blogger Lady Yuki Shizuka said...

Yes, I myself should've pointed out earlier (when I changed the blog's default layout) that the Archives are called "Target Shooting(s)",the comments are called "Accurate Shot(s)" and the usual, but boring "Post a Comment" feature is called "Shoot a Target" I themed it around the main character of Hellsing called Alucard (or Arucard if you've watched the Japanese version, but both names are official) and his mastery of using his two guns Casull "Joshua" and Jackal. I know this is confusing for people accustomed to the default layouts in Blogger, but I like adding some fun to boring layouts to make it interesting for people. In response to the comment towards both you and Jonas and the topic of Leet, I too have been brash about this, I was merely stating my opinion and I did feel a tad offended at the time as well. You might as well speak leet if you like, but it's easier if you guys just stick to English for the sake of other people :)

9:37 PM

 
Blogger Lady Yuki Shizuka said...

On the relevant subject on anime, here's a bit more on Hellsing and its varying amounts of violence. In the first episode during the ghoul situation in Cheddar, Alucard had to shoot Seras in the heart because that was the only way for him to get to his intended target and besides, hunting F.R.E.A.K.S, ghouls and other disgusting monsters is what Alucard does as a part of being in the well-known Hellsing organization run by Integra Hellsing, a descendant of Dr Van Helsing from the Dracula novel written by Abraham "Bram" Stoker. This anime does have numerous references to Dracula and Vlad Tepes (otherwise known as Vlad the Impaler). It's not just any vampire anime.

11:32 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home