Dodgy RPG life-ness at its best!

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Graduation Ceremony + My Birthday

The Graduation ceremony for us year twelves was held in UWA's Winthrop Hall. We had a few minutes to talk to friends and put our sashes on and pin them down in place and do the same for our friends who was having trouble with their sashes. I got my sash from Mr. Maughan (my Senior English teacher) and met my TAG form teacher Mr. Hunter again for the umpteenth time. The graduation ceremony didn't include us students wearing funny hats like I thought (which was a real bummer) and the talks (done inevitably by Zolanda Zaw and Jason Beverage) took way too long for the liking of both myself and my parents (my parents were of course in the audience, but I couldn't see any one of them and where they were sitting). After all the other forms were done getting their graduation portfolios, it was our form's turn (TAG E.06, one of the last TAG groups). As Alex went up there (because I was placed after him) to receive his portfolio, it was my turn, I couldn't really walk because my legs had literally turned to wood and my heart was pounding. After the whole ceremony it was revealed that little or no pictures of me and Krysia getting our portfolios was taken because a certain someone had trouble with finding the "button that makes it work" on the camera and my sister was outside of the Hall and at the other side of the lake. My mum was angry at her for going missing on the rest of us. The feeling of having graduated is something of a weird one to me, even if it has been two days past.

My birthday was a shopping spree in Perth and a buffet dinner at Miss Maud's after. It was nice, but both me and my sister thought that "birthday surprise" was going to be something different. I got the recent Supernature album by Goldfrapp, The Sandman: The Dream Hunters comic, a googly-eyed panda keyring and a medium sized Tolberone chocolate. At least it wasn't as bad as my sixteenth birthday, so I should be grateful for that.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lady Yuki Shizuka said...

Thanks for the late birthday wishing. Unfortunately for the graduation, they still have the same school band and singers to songs. Too bad they didn't get actual professionals to do that bit and for the "supper" it was just juice, tea or coffee and a sandwich, so we all went to the nearest Maccas for dinner.

8:28 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home