Dodgy RPG life-ness at its best!

Thursday, December 01, 2005

The Red Rooster Experience

Yesterday was my first day in working with Red Rooster in Kelmscott. They ordered in a uniform for me (well, it was the shirt and the hat. The black pants was my own). The employees showed me around the store where everything was and whatnot when it turns out I had to learn to work the till! The till for me was what made the job tricky because customers ask for a certain combination when it comes to what they order and if they want something out of their meal (eg: no peas or gravy) and because I was beginning to learn all of it and trying to cram everything I've learnt in my head, I was rushing and entering my "inner panic" mode! The employees and the manager told me not to rush and panic. I dealt with a few customers that night, even though I did have other duties to attend to like stocking things up (you have to be careful when you enter the big fridge), cleaning places and sweeping. I should be lucky that the customers when easy on me because I had a Trainee badge on me. Everyone I've worked with was nice to me, including the manager and they all said to me that learning the till and everything else takes time and practice. The Red Rooster Experience was "scary and confusing" as I've put it to both my Dad and the manager despite the amused yet bewildered look o the manager's face and my Dad's laughter at my response to the question, "So, what do you think of it?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home