Dodgy RPG life-ness at its best!

Monday, July 11, 2005

And Thanks For All The Fun

The get-together on Saturday didn't end as bad as I thought because my real nanna was there :) We went around seeing a few relatives (of which one of them had so many books!)The visiting of my other relatives that are related to my real nanna also revealed a part of my country relatives that was true; the majority of them are religion fanatics and are very, very close minded to just about everything and try to switch from one topic to another, of which the other topic they try to cram into our conversations will be about their religion, geez. I should be thankful that I'm not in their family, if you know what I mean. I felt sad about my nanna leaving for Sydney though, at least we treated her to a view of War of the Worlds before she left for the Eastern States.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lady Yuki Shizuka said...

The "no birthdays" bit was explained by my nanna from Sydney; she said that it had to do with Jesus having no exact birthdate (of which was hinted somewhere, I remembered her saying). I haven't got a clue about Christmas or Easter, but they are both becoming a commercial money making thing if you know what I mean. Some of the other Christian groups consider JW's as non-christian, which strikes me as strange. The most annoying thing about them is that they are preachers crossed with door-to-door salesman and that they try to convert people who already have a religion (namely me)and that like I said, some of them rub the stuff in your face too much or try to include the religions subject in everyday conversation.

8:16 PM

 
Blogger Lady Yuki Shizuka said...

Well, having people to come over your house can be a plus if someone is in need of assistance, but since I returned to Australia I've always seen this aspect of J.Ws as a nuisance. I remembered we pretended that no one was home once just to stop them from pestering us in Armadale.

10:30 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home