Dodgy RPG life-ness at its best!

Monday, April 10, 2006

I Sense The Young One's Potential In Typography

It turns out that I had to redo the majority of my Typography work at Tafe today to experiment further; my lecturer said that my designs were either too playful (I swear that was an accident on my part) or too conservative (inspirational run-out, right there and then) which led him to whip out the old designs folder with examples of what I should try to do. I thought that what he was trying to really say to me about my fifteen designs on the alphabets "P" and "n" was "Alright, scrap the majority and let's start on a clean slate!" Not that I thought he was one of those people who were nice one minute and brutal critiquing bastard the next, because all that experimentation beeswax was after all for the good of myself and the assignment. He stuck with one of the fifteen designs of which he favored the most and wished me to explore and experiment on the poor thing by expanding, creating regular pattern rotations, zooming in and other techniques of which I've forgotten completely. I also had to put up with the fact that his mobile phone rang every few minutes in class during the Moment Of Criticizing One's Work of which he excused himself from class to speak to whoever was at the other end at the time, even the other students (Kayleen, Loren and Marcus) noticed it like a bad habit turned obsessive-compulsive. I remembered the lecturer saying something about getting a bad idea or something that doesn't work out of your system which kinda helps. I didn't bother to stay around for Mirek's class though because my stuff is due on week 12 and plus the presentations of other people would make me fall asleep or dizzy. The highlight of the day was looking at the notice board in my part of the campus and catching up with Chikins on the train on my way home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home