Dodgy RPG life-ness at its best!

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

New Driver

During driving today I had to re-learn the basics thanks to that damned Celica (thanks Jonas for pointing out the car type)which involves doing a different type of steering (push-and-pull, which is apparently ranked as old-school and obsolete)and getting used to the gears (the change from 1st to 2nd is a pain in this car). The gear change is for lazy people though because unlike the previous car I drove in (which I think was a Hyundai) I didn't have to push, pull and shove that much. During the driving I noticed that the instructor sped worse than me when we were turning. The instrictor said that I should practice the pull-and-push steering routine when I watch TV just to get better at it. Strangely, the instructor keeps on reminding me of a character from Fat Pizza for some reason... Maybe its the gold jewellery, the hat and the clothing he wears. I still think that my previous instructor (which is on holiday at the moment) is better and nicer than the new one I got for my lesson today and last Thursday.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lady Yuki Shizuka said...

I've been taught how to palm it before, but I have a habit of "grabbing" the gearstick if you know what I mean.

7:52 PM

 
Blogger Lady Yuki Shizuka said...

And that means trying to change from third gear (but this is in the damned Celica)to second gear but ending up at first gear instead or neutral and stalling the car if I'm not careful.

8:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home