Dodgy RPG life-ness at its best!

Friday, August 26, 2005

The Vision of Escaflowne

I've watched a few episodes of The Vision of Escaflowne and I didn't enjoy watching it. I thought it would be as good as watching Witch Hunter Robin (which was created by the same group, Sunrise) but my expectations of the series is not so good. For one thing, the main character Hitomi Kanzaki who does fortune-telling as a hobby, despite her strangeness is a hollow character. I had hoped that her character development would prevent her from becoming a background character (because it's starting to seem that way). The music composed by the well-known Japanese composer Yoko Kanno is top-notch despite the spotted flaws in the series, giving the series my decent rating of 3/5. I just hope that this series would become better as it progresses and doesn't end as bad as Scryed did.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lady Yuki Shizuka said...

Scryed started okay I guess, even if the characters are a tad cliché, but to me the ending was... bad. It ended like something from Dragonball Z. The word verification is to prevent internet ads from appearing here and prevents spam as well, because I've seen ads on comments in the blogs of other people, so I decided to pull the word verification up as a defence.

3:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home